How to Delete a Listing on Etsy?
Sometimes we post a listing that we are later dissatisfied with. The branding can be wrong or we might end up out of stock with a particular product. The item has to be removed from the online marketplace platform, but do you know how to delete a listing on Etsy? The process is pretty much straightforward, and it won't take long. For clear and precise instructions on what to do, follow our guide.
A Guide on How to Delete a Listing on Etsy? Removing Listings With Ease
Many online resellers usually ask themselves a very important question - when you put a listing on Etsy, can you delete it? Yes, you can. Here are the steps on how to remove a listing on Etsy:
- First, open your browser and log into your account on the multi-vendor marketplace platform,
- Select the "Shop Manager" option that will appear in the top-right corner of your screen,
- In the menu, find the option "Listings" and click on it,
- Find the listing on the page you want to remove and click on it,
- Select the "Delete" button - it is located at the bottom of the page,
- Click on the option again to confirm that your decision is final,
- Reload your page, and you'll see that the product is not listed anymore.
Can You Bring Back the Listing, or You Can Only Delete It Permanently?
Unfortunately, bringing back the listing that has been deleted is not possible. You can only remove it permanently. The product and the associated information, which include feedback and reviews, will be removed from the platform.
But, there is an alternative way to undo a mistake in some cases. If you have a backup of the photos and information of your listings, you can make use of that information to recreate it manually. You can open another tab and copy the information you have saved. Furthermore, using the "Copy Listing" feature will enable you to create a new post with a similar description to the original listing.
Before You Remove the Listing From Your Account, Check on Your Device Whether You Have Orders
In some instances, resellers fail to check whether some items have been sold through the listings that need to be removed. It will hurt the reputation of your e-commerce business if you abruptly remove the post. We suggest checking and canceling an item that has been sold.
To do this, go to the "Shop Manager" section, then click on "Orders," find the order in question, and cancel it. Make sure that you let the buyer know that the order needs to be canceled and the reasons behind this decision.
What to Do if the Listing Cannot Be Deleted? Do You Need to Email the Support Team Right Away?
Being unable to remove listings from your account happens rarely but it is still a possibility. There are a few reasons behind this, and the main one is that there are still open orders. As we've mentioned, you need to fulfill them or cancel them to go through with the deleting process.
The other issue might be that the listings have been sold out or expired. In this case, they can be renewed or deactivated. Finally, technical issues might be at fault sometimes, and then you need to contact the support team for help.
Sometimes You Don’t Have to Do Anything Platform Will Review Your Listing and Items and Remove It
The best online selling platforms need to ensure that sellers and buyers can visit online stores on a safe and positive site. Etsy's team strives to provide customers and resellers with the best services possible. This is why they might review some of the listings on their site and decide to delete them. So they can get them removed without your consent for numerous reasons, including:
- Violation of Etsy's policies: If products violate one of Etsy's policies, such as selling prohibited items or using copyrighted materials, they will be removed.
- Complaints or reports: If a buyer or another member reports your items for violating rules or guidelines, the platform may investigate and remove the post.
- Intellectual property infringement: If items infringe on another person's intellectual property rights, the listings will be deleted.
- Legal reasons: If your products are found to be in violation of applicable laws, they will be removed in accordance with its Legal Policies.
- Other reasons: Etsy may remove products for other reasons, such as if the seller's account is terminated or if the products are found to be misleading and fraudulent.
It's important for resellers to ensure that the products you list comply with Etsy's policies and guidelines and to respond promptly if notified by the platform of any issues with their products. Here is a great guide on how to properly create listings.
Need Help Managing Listings From Different Sites Better? Use a Cross-Listing Software
Deleting, renewing, and deactivating listings from one place seems like a nice story, but it's true. If you have stores on different platforms such as eBay, Shopify, Depop, and Etsy, you can use multichannel listing software and manage all products from a centralized inventory. This will reduce the risk of overselling and making unnecessary mistakes detrimental to the success of your e-commerce business.
You can track sales, orders, cancellations, and messages in real-time with a convenient crossposting app. Another great advantage of cross-posting software is the ability to automatically update your listings and information about the price of the used item. This will not only save you so much time, but you can reach many more customers and get more sales using cross-posting.
Ready to Become a Pro Seller on Etsy? Stick To Our Guide and You’ll Succeed in Sale
When you know how to navigate Etsy's page and how to utilize features such as Etsy's analytics dashboard, you will be on track to having a successful Etsy shop. For now, learn the basics, such as more about Etsy's fees, how to create and how to remove a listing on Etsy. With our guide, you will stand a chance.
Furthermore, don't underestimate the importance of online selling tools like Zipsale that can take your shops to a completely new level. You can be present on eBay, Shopify, Etsy, and Depop at the same time, but you won't need extra effort to manage everything. Sign up with our useful crossposting tool and reap the benefits.