How to Use Facebook Marketplace for Reselling
Facebook Marketplace is a fantastic platform to consider in case you want to tap into the world of reselling. Every month, one billion people sell and buy on this online marketplace platform, making it one of the most popular reselling sites. So, learn how to use Facebook Marketplace for reselling in order to increase your chances of making profitable sales as well as expanding your e-commerce business. By using our expert tips, you'll know exactly what to do.
Here’s How to Use Facebook Marketplace for Reselling
The majority of people utilize this platform on their phones since it is easier to navigate, take pictures and post listings with original, new photographs. Serious resellers who have transformed their hobby into a job using both the app and the website version to help their e-commerce business grow. For now, we'll introduce you to the steps for using Facebook's application:
- Click on the Facebook app on your home screen,
- Next, locate the hamburger menu next to the notification bell in the bottom right corner of the screen,
- Find the Marketplace icon and click on it,
- To create the listing, tap the icon "Sell,"
- A menu with four different options will appear - Items, Vehicles, Homes for Sale or Rent, Jobs,
- Select the category you want,
- If you want to sell vintage clothes, tap on the category "Items,"
- Another list will appear after selecting this category; proceed by tapping "Add Photos,"
- Upload the picture of the product from your phone,
- Enter the relevant information after ending the picture, such as title, price, category, condition, and description,
- If you'd like to sell the item for free, type in the price of the item as £0,
- Finally, tap the "Next" button,
- Post the listing by tapping on "Publish."
Here’s How to Use Facebook Marketplace on Desktop For Selling Products
Since there are two ways one can resell on this platform, we'll share with you how the entire process looks on a desktop computer. Here are the instructions you'd need for using Facebook's website and continue succeeding with your e-commerce business:
- Go to your Internet browser and type the address of Facebook's website,
- Log into your account if you have one; if you don't have an account, create one by signing up,
- Once you are logged in, take a look at the left sidebar,
- Find the option for the Marketplace and click on it,
- The marketplace with open on a new page,
- Suppose that you want to post a listing, again take a look at the left sidebar,
- Find the blue button "Sell Something" and click on it,
- Type in the title of the item,
- Enter the price of the product by clicking on the field named "Price,"
- Add information about the location of the item,
- Choose the category from the drop-down menu,
- When you click on the picture icon next, upload pictures from your computer,
- Once the photograph is uploaded from a computer file, simply click on the "Post" button, and the listing will be live.
The last step you can take is to refresh the feed and look at what your posted listing looks like. Don't forget to check the notifications on this multi-vendor marketplace platform from time to time and see whether interested customers want to buy the product.
How to Use Facebook Marketplace Without an Account
Anyone can access the platform. What does this mean? Well, simply put, no one is banned from typing in facebook.com/marketplace and browsing through the listings even though you don't have an account. The only difference will be that there will be a red banner on the top of your screen in case you visit the page without an account.
However, if you'd like to message the sellers or leverage Facebook's website or app to sell your own product, an account is required. Fortunately, making an account is a pretty quick and straightforward process. After logging in, you'd be free to enjoy all the perks and benefits of the platform.
We recommend going a step further and creating a Facebook business page which would help all small businesses promote their products and services more conveniently.
Follow Our Tips on How to Use Facebook Marketplace to Sell Items With Success
It's one thing to know how to use Marketplace on Facebook to post listings, but it's a whole different story to know how to leverage a platform to make a significant profit. The charm of online selling platforms is that sellers have the benefit of conducting business from the comfort of their homes. We'll share with you how to combine the comfort of the online reselling world with smart business tips to achieve great results:
- Ensure that the listings feature high-quality photos that showcase every aspect of the product,
- Post original images,
- Be very specific in your descriptions of the used products, whether clothes, technology, home products, accessories, or shoes and sneakers are being sold,
- Consider boosting the visibility of the listings through Facebook ads,
- Gain more knowledge about the competitor's prices and quality of products,
- Always know in advance how you will source the items,
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries,
- Invest in a reliable crossposting tool for expanding the business and reselling on a couple of different platforms.
By putting our tips into practice, you can access the realm of top online resellers, which means more marketing, more sales, and more devoted customers. Then, only the sky's the limit.
A Step Forward - Invest in a Selling Software Like Zipsale to Help You Get More Sales
Reselling only on one platform is recommended for casual sellers. However, serious e-commerce business owners need multichannel listing software like Zipsale to make the sale skyrocket. With a crossposting app, one will have the opportunity to showcase the products to a larger customer base across platforms such as Shopify, Depop, Vinted, and eBay.
It might be overwhelming to track orders and sales once you're on multiple platforms, but software to sell on both eBay and Depop will make that easier with only one inventory for all online stores. Don't overlook the usefulness of cross-listing software. Visit our website, learn how the crossposting software works, or contact us to sign up.