How Does Shipping on Depop Work?
So, how does shipping on Depop work, actually? The most authentic and Instagram-worthy clothing is sold on Depop. This multi-vendor marketplace platform has over 30 million active users, and the number is increasing every day. New sellers are usually struggling with dilemmas considering shipment options. Fortunately, our guide is here to help anyone who wants to fully understand the entire process. Now let's delve deeper and see how to manage this and whether a multichannel listing software can help in any way.
How Does Shipping on Depop Work? Choose Between a Couple of Options
There is more than one way you can get a package to your customer when selling online on this platform. One can choose whether to ship separately from the platform, meaning on your own, or select the option to ship with Depop. Furthermore, it's essential to choose whether to charge for shipping or offer free shipping. Your buyer needs to be informed about your shipping policy in the description of the listing.
Shipping With Depop Labels - What Does a Seller Need to Know?
So, if you've chosen to ship with Depop, you will have to understand how labels work. The sole purpose of the labels is to make the entire process more convenient.
When you make a sale on Depop, you have the option to purchase a shipping label directly through the app or website. The label will be generated with the buyer's address and your return address and will include a tracking number for the shipment.
Once you have purchased the label, print it out and affix it to their package. Then, you can drop off the package at a post office or the carrier location or arrange a pickup.
Depop labels have some benefits for online resellers. They're often more affordable than buying a label directly from a shipping carrier, and they include automatic tracking so both the seller and customer can keep an eye on the shipment's progress.
If you want to start an e-commerce business and ship with Depop, you might need a label printer. Watch the video below to find out how to use this type of printer.
How Does the Process Differ if You Select Self-Shipping?
When you choose to self-ship, you have complete control over the entire process. This means you can use any carrier or shipment method you prefer, and you can also set your own cost for shipment.
When a buyer purchases an item from you, you'll need to communicate with them to agree on a shipment method and cost. You'll then need to package the item securely and ship it to the buyer. Once the item is shipped, it's important to provide the buyer with a tracking number so they can monitor the shipment's progress.
Self-shipping can be a good option if you have experience with e-commerce businesses and want to save money on costs. However, it does require more work and responsibility on your part compared to using labels.
Will You Be Charging Money When You Ship Packages Or Will It Be Free? Here Are the Pros and Cons of Charging for Shipping
Are you having a dilemma about whether to charge for shipping or offer free shipping and thus get more followers on the platform? We know some pros and cons of charging for your packages. Here are the advantages:
- You can set your prices, which can help cover your costs and potentially earn you more profit.
- A buyer may appreciate transparency in costs and may be more likely to purchase from you if he is informed completely about how much he pays.
On the other hand, there is always this fear that charging money will have a negative impact on the online store, and this can be explained through some cons of this option:
- Some buyers may be deterred by expenses and may choose to purchase from other sellers.
- It can be more difficult to compete with sellers who do not charge for the shipment of packages, especially if their products are similar to yours.
- Buyers may leave negative reviews or lower ratings if they feel that the shipping costs are too high.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Free Shipping When Selling Items?
Now, before making a final decision that will affect the listings of used clothes and the type of followers you will get, consider the advantages and disadvantages of free shipping. First and foremost, let's mention the advantages:
- Many buyers prefer to see that shipping is included in the price.
- This can give you a competitive edge and attract more buyers to your shop.
- Buyers may be more likely to leave positive reviews or higher ratings if they feel they got a good deal on shipping.
Of course, some disadvantages need to be considered as well:
- You'll need to factor in shipment expenses when pricing your items, which may mean taking a smaller profit margin.
- Offering free shipping may not be feasible if you're selling larger or heavier items that are more expensive to ship.
- Buyers may be less likely to appreciate the value of the price that you're covering and may still leave negative reviews or lower ratings if they're dissatisfied with other aspects of the transaction.
In the end, whichever method you end up using will depend on your circumstances, including the types of items you're reselling and your pricing strategy.
Don’t Worry About Expenses at All, Use a Crossposting Tool and Expand Your Business
Now that you understand how the shipment works from our guide, you can expand the business. The truth is that all other online selling platforms, such as eBay, Shopify, Etsy, and Vinted, function in the same way. With cross-listing software, you can offer listings not just on Depop but on other platforms as well. Then, the costs of shipment won't be a huge obstacle if you successfully sell on multiple platforms with crossposting software.
The best-selling software to sell on both eBay and Depop is Zipsale. This user-friendly crossposting app is designed to keep track of all items that are being sold online and delist anything that the buyers purchased. What is more, you will have access to all platforms from one place, so it won't feel like you're juggling everything at the same time. Visit our website and get more info on how to register today.