What Sells on Depop - A Guide to Success
The amazing thing about any crossposting tool is that you can be present on the best marketplace platforms simultaneously. If you've already sold listings on eBay, Shopify, and Etsy, it's time to start reselling on Depop. But do you know what sells on Depop the best and whether you will make money with the products you are offering on different sites? Do not worry - with our guide to success, you will make sales and increase your revenue easily.
Let’s Answer the Burning Question - What Sells on Depop the Best?
If you know what Depop is, you will know what sells best on Depop. First and foremost, this is a unique online marketplace platform where sellers offer fashionable vintage clothing. It functions like social media, and it focuses on clothing the most. The buyers are interested in upcycled items, clothing, shoes and sneakers from your wardrobe, authentic designer second-hand vintage clothes, and items in different conditions as well as sizes.
Another big category that gets a lot of attention is accessories. So, what sells well on Depop from this category? Everything from bags and purses to scarves, belts, and caps, you will be able to successfully sell.
Furthermore, you can embellish your listings and upgrade your brand with things such as cameras, art, homeware, records, coverings, and facemasks. If you truly want to be noticed on the platform, we recommend creating a brand and pricing your products appropriately, so more buyers get intrigued with your shop.
Inspo on How to Make Sure That the Vintage Items and Brands Sell Fast on Depop - You’ll Need a Great Hashtag for Selling
Even though there is no formula for making fast sales on this platform, if you are using software for selling online, you won't have problems finding buyers. Still, there are some tricks that would ensure that the listings get noticed quickly.
The first thing to consider is to think about the best things to sell on Depop, depending on the season of the year. When it's summer, offer sunglasses and colorful dresses, and in winter, you can list mittens, jackets, jumpers, caps, and scarves.
Around holidays such as Christmas and Halloween, you can list themed clothes or costumes which will definitely get sold in record time. Make sure that the products are trendy and that they are of good quality.
Here is a video on how to sell on Depop in 2023 and useful tips you might need before creating a shop.
What Things Will Definitely Drive Your Sales up in 2023?
We've mentioned products that are generally considered to be sold the most. However, there are some that are particularly popular this year that might bring in new buyers. Here is a list of things you can sell this year:
- Y2k Fashion - This is a style of fashion that draws inspiration from the 2000s. Clothing items that were made popular by Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and Beyoncé are making a comeback. Try selling velour tracksuits, pleated plaid mini-skirts, bucket hats, cropped T-shirts, and lace camisoles.
- Grandpa Fashion - It might come as a surprise, but the clothing that grandfathers would wear is very trendy on this multi-vendor marketplace platform. Everything sells pretty quickly, from crewneck pullover sweaters and flannels to jackets, blazers, and vests.
- The sportswear that has urban influence - If you own anything from athletic brands that are selling a collection based on urban clothing and athletic wear, you better list that in your shop since it is very high in demand.
Bear in mind that you always need to accompany your listings with appropriate hashtags. For sportswear, you can try hashtags such as #nike, #oldskool, #sneakers; for grandpa fashion, you can try #grandpasweater and #sweatervest; while for Y2K style, #y2kaesthetic.
On the Other Hand, What Can't Be Sold on Depop?
There are certain items that are prohibited from being sold, and you should know about them before opening your online store. Here are some of the items that should never be featured in your shop:
- Counterfeit goods: The platform does not allow the sale of fake or replica items, including designer knockoffs. Therefore be very careful when you are sourcing your second-hand clothing.
- Weapons: Any weapons, including firearms, knives, and martial arts weapons, are prohibited.
- Adult content: Any products or services related to sexual content is not allowed.
- Drugs: Any drugs are prohibited from being sold online.
- Hazardous materials: Any hazardous materials, such as chemicals or flammable items, cannot be sold.
- Stolen goods: The sale of any stolen goods or items acquired through illegal means is prohibited.
- Tobacco and e-cigarettes: The sale of tobacco and e-cigarette products is not permitted on the platform.
If you want to make sure that you know the ins and outs of the Depop's guidelines, read their instructions and their policy on the website before opening the shop.
Don’t Forget That a Good Cross-Listing Software Will Make Selling Items Easier
Using multichannel listing software is a great way to ease the stress of listing your products and managing multiple stores at once. If you are not reselling just on Depop but on multiple platforms, a good cross posting app can help you keep track of everything that is going on on different sites. Every successful e-commerce business needs to expand, and it is only possible with online selling tools. They amend details on listings, auto-delist a sold item, and inform you of orders and requests. You will get more followers and sales with this kind of help.
Ready to Try Out Our Tips and Sell Online Successfully?
The only thing that is left is to enter the world of online selling and figure out your own route. We've provided you with basic information to get you started, but it's up to you to create your brand, style, and unique store. We recommend registering with our software to sell on both eBay and Depop, called Zipsale, if you want to become one of the best sellers in the industry. It will do almost everything for you, and the only thing you need to do is keep your customers happy. Sign up today, and you won't regret it